Saturday, February 5, 2011

Spicy Super Bowl

This post brought to you by TABASCO® Original Red. All opinions are 100% mine.

It's almost time for the Super Bowl, so I've been looking up recipes for some munchies to take to the family Super Bowl party that I'm going to.  One of the cool things about this for me is that I can make some hot and spicy stuff if I want to.  I'm the only one in my family who really loves spicy food, so I normally don't make too much of it.  But when I go to gatherings with my extended family, there are some fellow hot sauce lovers in the crowd for me to share with.

In fact, my cousin recently introduced me to the joys of putting hot sauce on pizza.  It's one of those things that I just never tried for whatever reason, and once I finally did it was one of those "where has this glorious creation been all of my life?" moments.  My cousin puts a bottle of TABASCO® Original Red out on the table with just about every meal, so it's no surprise that she was the one to convert me.  And let's just say that now I totally understand why one of Tabasco's menu pages is called Pizza Perfected.  It doesn't just make pizza (or whatever else you put it on) spicier - sure, it brings the heat, but it also really enhances the flavor of whatever you're eating.

So I decided to see if Tabasco had any good recipes for Super Bowl party food, and of course they do.  Their Game-Day Party Menu has a bunch of awesome recipes (and ideas for doctoring up store-bought treats).  Besides the great pizza tips there are great recipes and suggestions for wings, dips, and other must have Super Bowl finger foods.  I'm also loving some of their recipes for spicy cocktails - sure you've got to have beer for the Super Bowl, but it's also fun to switch it up a little. I'm definitely going to add a bottle of Tabasco Original Red to my Super Bowl shopping list. 

Enjoy the game!

Visit Sponsor's Site

No comments: