Saturday, February 5, 2011

Pest Paranoia

This post brought to you by Victor Pest. All opinions are 100% mine.

I was watching a show with my mom last night about a chef who helps struggling restaurants to get back on their feet.  This particular episode featured a place that was in really bad shape - multiple rooms piled with junk and a filthy kitchen.  The capper on the episode came when the restaurant clean up team found an infestation of mice under the floor in the kitchen. It was a pretty gross thing to watch.

I went online to read what people were saying about this episode, and some of the discussions veered off into general discussion about rodent control.  Some of the stories that people shared were really incredible.  Luckily I've never had a rodent problem in my house, but one of my neighbors did have an issue last summer, so this whole thing made me a bit concerned.

Of course, when a lot of people think of rodent control they think of old cartoon images of a piece of cheese sitting on a trap.  But what I learned from reading all of this is that things have come a long way since then.  There's this company called Victor that has some really innovative electronic "traps".  (Yes, apparently "innovative" and "rodent control" can go together.)  Instead of inhumane traps or toxic poisons, these electronic devices emit sounds that repel rodents without affecting humans or pets.  So you don't have to touch dead mice (or rat poison) - it's more humane and healthier for everyone.

Victor is offering a special right now where you can get a Protect Your Space Combo Kit for $99.99, and the shipping is free too.  The kit includes several different products that repel pests electronically.  I'm seriously considering it because it sounds like the perfect cure for my pest paranoia.

Preview
Uploaded with Skitch!

Visit Sponsor's Site

No comments: