Monday, February 14, 2011

Back to School in my Pajamas

So I've been thinking about taking some online classes. I'm going to have the extra time this spring so even though I already have a degree, I feel like it might be a good time to get my brain going again in an academic way. I'd rather go with online classes at this point because it's more flexible and I don't know if I'm really ready to jump into a full degree program at this point. So it's something that I've started looking into.

Of course, one of the issues with going to college online is finding a reputable school. So I was looking for information about the best online colleges and I found this great site called Degree Jungle. They have a list that ranks the top 65 online schools in the U.S. this year. There's a clear explanation of the metrics that they used to come up with the rankings, and you can also see how the list breaks down by each individual metric. So whether your top priority is the acceptance rate or the level of financial aid available, you can easily figure out what your best options are. There's also a blog that has more in depth information on various types of degrees and programs.

Overall Degree Jungle has been really helpful as far as starting my search for the top online schools. Now I just need to continue gathering info. Oh yeah, and decide exactly what to study and when to begin. Here's to getting smarter!

No comments: