Thursday, February 3, 2011

Smart Scion

I've been driving my current car for quite awhile now, so I've started to think about what kind of car I might want to get next. I'm not really ready to get serious about car shopping right now, but let's say I'm in the research phase. Can't hurt to look, right?

One of the things that I've been interested in researching is hybrid and other smart cars. When I got my car there weren't a lot of options along those lines, so I'm definitely interested in seeing what's available now. If I can help the environment a little bit and also get something that's a good value for me, of course I'm going to be up for that.

My current car is a Toyota, so I started off by seeing what they offer. They've got a couple of new cars in their Scion line that look pretty cool. I'm especially liking the 2011 Scion iQ, which is a micro-subcompact. (Yeah, I know everyone's into big honking SUVs and stuff, but I've always liked a small car.) It seems to have a lot of the comforts and features of a larger car in a small package, and it's got this unique "3 + 1 seating" - room for three passengers plus a smaller space for a kid, pet, or package. It's expected to have ultra low emissions and great fuel economy. It also seems like the Scion iQ pricing is going to be just as impressive as its features.

So, I'm not quite ready to buy a new car tomorrow, but I think I'm definitely going to add the Scion iQ to my "must test drive" list.

No comments: