Thursday, January 27, 2011

Going Gold

So I went to one of those gold parties the other day. You know the ones, where you're supposed to sell your gold jewelry for cash? After the party I got curious and I decided to do a little research on the subject of gold in general. I admit that I don't know a lot about economic issues, but I'm trying to learn more.

One thing I do know is that everyone is making a big deal about gold right now because of the economy. More people are investing in gold because they feel that it's a safe and reliable long-term investment. What I didn't realize was that you can actually have a gold IRA or gold 401k - like, you can have physical gold in your IRA or 401k account. (I told you I'm still learning where this stuff is concerned.) You have to have the right kinds of gold that are accepted by the government as IRA gold or 401k gold, so it's not like we're talking about accounts full of old earrings or anything.

It's something that I'm definitely going to keep researching, but I think there may be a gold IRA transfer in my future.

No comments: