Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Brightening Up The Winter

It's been a cold and snowy winter here so far, and it's getting to that point where you feel like the freezing weather is never going to end. So I've been thinking about what I can do to brighten up the rest of the winter a little bit.

One of the things I decided to do was bust out the indoor planters and get some new house plants. It's nice to bring a little life and color into the house during the winter - it's a good reminder that we will eventually see some green outside too.

Of course, a side effect of all of this indoor planter action is that it makes me start thinking ahead to when I can get the outdoor planters going again. And that makes me want to shop for new planters and garden accessories, because I'm one of those people who believes that you can never have too much garden stuff.


After doing a little "window shopping", I'm thinking that I might just have to look into getting a new evergreen or some winter flowering plants so that I can bring an outddor planter or two out of the garage early. I'll just pretend it's spring.

No comments: