Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Holidebt

Holiday shopping season is about to start, which means a lot of people out there spending a lot of money. I like to go overboard when it comes to buying gifts and decorations and all of that fun stuff, but I also always try to have a plan for how I'm going to pay for everything and not go too credit card crazy. And when the time comes for New Year's resolutions, I try to think a little bit about my financial plan for the next year.

Luckily for me, I've never had any majorly serious financial problems. But I did learn some good lessons from a friend of mine who did run into trouble and and eventually needed some help with debt relief. She was a bit of a shopaholic who did go overboard with her credit cards. She also had some student loans from school (don't we all?) and not a lot of savings, so when she got laid off last year and had trouble finding a new job she ended up in serious trouble.

Luckily for her, she found a good Debt Settlement company to help her out with her situation. She was the type of person who never bothered to learn much about managing money. Of course, that changed once she ran into trouble, but she was still overwhelmed and intimidated when faced with the prospect of debt negotiation, so she was really glad to find a company that gave her the support she needed.

She definitely learned her lesson from the experience, and now she's the first to counsel any friends of hers that she sees heading down the wrong financial path. I've gotten some good tips from her, and I think we'll all manage to stay debt free this holiday season.

No comments: