Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday With My Mother

Written by Daron Curtis

My mother is the person I love shopping with the most on Black Friday. She lives two hours a way in a small town, so she comes the night before and spends the night. We usually get up early in the morning and plan our day over some coffee and catch up a little. When we leave the house to go shopping I set my besthomesecurity home security alarm while we decide which truck to take.

We are a great pair when we go shopping because she tells me what my relatives want and I tell her what my children want for Christmas. Almost all of our shopping is for Christmas presents. We are known to visit the grocery store for occasional Black Friday deals on meat as well. Our plan is to have all of our Christmas and New Years shopping done in one day but this rarely happens. We usually get too tired to shop past mid after-noon.

Once the major purchases are made we retire at the local tea house for some relief. A few years ago, on Black Friday we went to the spa afterward and it was a wonderful treat. Spending time with my mother is one of the best parts of the busiest day of shopping.

No comments: