Friday, November 12, 2010

Foodie Friday: Peanut Brittle

The holidays are coming, which means lots of parties and events and, of course, lots of gift-giving. I'm usually a last minute shopper but I'm trying to be a little bit more organized this year and at least figure out what I need to get ahead of time.

I'm starting with some of the smaller stuff. You know the type - hostess gifts, teacher gifts, gifts for the receptionist at your office, that sort of thing. I'm a foodie so I like to do food gifts, assuming that I at least know the person well enough to know that they're not going to be horribly allergic to whatever I give them. Homemade food gifts can be great sometimes, but I don't always have the time to make them. (Sorry, Martha Stewart!)

But even if I'm not going to make my own gifts, I like to try to do something a little different from your standard box of candy or cookies. This year I'm ordering some peanut brittle from See's Candies. It's different without being too out there, it's made from quality ingredients, and it's affordable. I plan on being pretty popular this holiday season.

No comments: