Tuesday, March 8, 2011

International Businesswoman

So my friend the entrepreneur is coming along nicely with the new business that she's working on. I just did a little bit of research for her based on something that she mentioned to me last time we talked. She mentioned that she's gotten some emails from fans of her products in Canada, the UK, and a few other countries. One of her concerns in switching from hobby/side project to legitimate small business is figuring out the best way to serve international customers, since there are a bunch of issues that can crop up with that as far as communication, time zones, shipping costs, etc.

I was looking into it a little bit and I found this service that offers international call forwarding. Basically, you can get an international phone number in almost any country you might need, and have calls to that number forwarded to your cell phone or land line at home. Oh yeah, and they offer toll free forwarding, which is extra important to a new small business without a massive communications budget.

I just emailed the info to my friend - I'm not sure if this tollfreeforwarding idea will work for her, but it definitely sounds like a great option so that she can keep giving her international fans great customer service.

No comments: