Friday, March 11, 2011

Easy Internet

I was talking to a friend recently and I realized that I often take my internet access for granted. I'm lucky enough to live in an area where I have a bunch of different options to choose from when it comes to internet service. My friend lives in a more rural area where her options are more limited and the service isn't always as good.

So in addition to the reality check, I also learned a lot from talking to her about this. Since she has the internet challenges that she does, she's done a lot more research on internet access than I have. She was telling me about a company she found that offers cheap dial up - yes, I know that dial up is a thing of the past for many of us but there are a lot of areas where it's still used - as well as DSL service. She said that even though it's affordable the service doesn't seem "cheap", and the customer service has impressed her from what she's learned so far. She also likes the fact that it's an American-owned and operated company - why not support good American companies when you can, right?

She's inspired me to take another look at my internet options. Who knows, maybe I'll make a change too.

No comments: