Friday, December 3, 2010

iPad Planning

I've been saving up to maybe get myself an iPad. It's probably going to have to wait until after the holidays because gift buying for other people comes first. (I also wouldn't mind waiting until the iPad comes to Verizon, because that would just be more convenient.)

So it occurred to me that when I do get one, I'm going to have to project of loading all of the videos and stuff that I have onto it, including all of the ones that probably aren't in the right format for the iPad. I figured that I can't be only person to have this problem, so I searched around a little for some video converter options. I remembered finding a program to help with transferring some songs off of an old iPod that I had, so I knew there had to be something similar for videos.

Sure enough, I found a site that has a bunch of different converters for all of the video formats out there. They've got an iPad Video Converter, so I'll be all set when the time comes. It can also extract audio from videos and convert audio into a format that's compatible with the iPad. I'm not totally tech challenged but I'm not a real expert either, so I know this will make my life easier.

I also noticed that that have a video converter for Mac, which will be helpful when I want to share videos with those friends of mine who are hardcore Mac devotees. I would make a joke at their expense right now normally...but once I get my iPad I think I just might be joining them.

No comments: