Saturday, December 4, 2010

Grown up Christmas decorations

Guest post written by Melanie Watson

Now that I'm out on my own, it's weird that I have a place to call my own that I can decorate at my own will. But just because it's weird doesn't mean that it's a bad thing though.

I had so much fun looking up some decorations that I could order and make online with my Clearwire. I've always thought that you could celebrate Christmas with colors besides red and green, so I'm going to decorate with the colors green and purple.

I think it will look really funky, although once I started all of my holiday decorating it reminded me a little bit of Mardi Gras. Besides, Mardi Gras is pretty festive too! I also incorporated some really great gold decorations too, especially with these gold beaded garland on my tree that kind or reminds me of those beaded necklaces from Mardi Gras. I didn't really make that connection until I started trimming the tree, but I do like the overall effect and I decided to just go with it.

No comments: