Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Message to Mike Huckabee & Newt Gingrich:

Dear Mike and Newt,

I don't know where you got my email address from, but please stop emailing me asking me to register to vote. I'm already registered and you can be sure that I will not be voting for the candidate that you endorse. Seriously, nothing could be worse at persuading me to vote than an endorsement from you guys. The messages should read "Register to vote, so nobody like me ever gets elected!"
I'm not sure how I got on your United in Purpose mailing list, but I can tell by your website that I am "united" for a totally different "purpose" than you guys are:

Pro-Faith
"It is often thought that religious liberty means a strict separation of church and state, but that view is out of tune with the proper understanding of the role religion and morality play in the civic and public life of a self-governing people."
Without separation of church and state, there would be no religious liberty. Religious liberty is the free exercise of religion. If we're to be governed based on the "morality" of one religion in particular, followers of any other religion are oppressed.


Okay, so no gays, no single parents, no unmarried parents, no divorce, no married couples without children... our future depends on it!
Pro-Family

"Social science data indicate that the intact family—defined as a man and a woman who marry, conceive, and raise their children together—best ensures the current and future welfare of children and society"



Pro-Life
"A new poll finds just 28 percent of Americans take a pro-abortion position on the question of when abortions should be allowed"
It's just like an anti-choice website to suggest that not being anti-choice means that you are "pro-abortion". Here's a word of advice - no one is pro-abortion. Upon further reading of the study, the truth is revealed. That 28% of Americans polled felt abortion should be "legal under any circumstances", while 54% felt abortion should be legal in some circumstances and illegal in others. (Only 17% felt that abortion should be illegal in all circumstances).


Pro-Education
That one was a little tricky. Pro-Education sure sounds like something I could support. Until I realized that they weren't actually pro-education at all. They're pro-homeschooling. I don't disagree with homeschooling... but I definitely don't think that parents who don't homeschool their kids are "forsaking their responsibility to raise their own children".
"In the moral decline of current society, parents are increasingly forsaking their responsibility to raise their own children, looking instead to government to do the child rearing for them. But the more that government acquires this duty to raise children, the more it takes away the right of parents to do the raising.


So I don't know where you idiots bought my email address from, but I'm reporting you as spam and voting for Obama.

Thanks, but no thanks.

No comments: