Monday, August 23, 2010

Financial Fun

I had a friend in high school who had an account with one of those online stock trading sites. When he first showed it to me I remember thinking that he was crazy to be messing with the stock market at our age. At the same time I thought it was cool and totally wanted to do it too.

I didn't get involved with online trading back then, which was probably the right call because I don't think I was financially savvy enough to do a good job with it at the time. I'm definitely not one of those girls who gets into tons of credit card by spending too much time at the mall and thinks IRA Accounts have something to do with Ireland, but I'm also not someone who took tons of econ classes in school and watches CNBC for fun.

I've decided that now's a good time to learn, so I'm looking into the online broker thing. Yeah, I know, the timing might seem a little weird because the economy sucks, but I think I'll be fine if I do my research and take things slow. The site that I'm looking at now has experienced brokers available that you can call for advice, and they also have mobile trading, which is both convenient and great for creating that "I'm a high powered mover and shaker" sort of vibe. Overall I think that learning more with online trading will help me take charge of my financial future. And if I can break some stereotypes about women and finances that would be the icing on the cake.

No comments: