Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sarah Palin Presents 25 Reasons Not To Vote for Sarah Palin

Since our "John McCain Presents 50 Reasons Not To Vote for John McCain" blog entry was so successful, we thought we'd also let Sarah Palin tell us why we shouldn't vote for her and McCain!

1. "I will tell Americans straight up that I don't support defining marriage as anything but between one man and one woman."

2. "...she is not my 'gay friend', she is one of my best friends, who happens to have made a choice that isn't a choice that I have made. "


3. "When I hear a statement like that coming from a woman candidate with any kind of perceived whine about that about that excess criticism or you know maybe a sharper microscope put on her, I think "man, that doesn't do us any good" - women in politics, women in general wanting to progress this country. I don't think it bodes well for her, a statement like that, because again, fair or unfair, it is there. I think that's reality, and I think it's a given. I think people can just accept that she is going to be under that sharper microscope. So be it! I mean, work harder, prove yourself to an even greater degree that you're capable, that you're going to be the best candidate, and that of course is what she wants us to believe at this point. So it bothers me a little bit hearing her bring that attention to herself on that level."


4. "I told the Congress, 'Thanks, but no thanks,' on that Bridge to Nowhere."

5. "I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a community organizer, except that you have actual responsibilities."

6. "A changing environment will affect Alaska more than any other state, because of our location. I'm not one though who would attribute it to being man-made."


7. "As for that V.P. talk all the time, I’ll tell you, I still can't answer that question until somebody answers for me what is it exactly that the V.P. does every day?"


8. We believe that the best of America is in these small towns that we get to visit, and in these wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America, being here with all of you hard working very patriotic, um, very, um, pro-America areas of this great nation."



9. "...our leaders, our national leaders, are sending soldiers out on a task that is from God. That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan".



10. "I'm the mayor, I can do whatever I want until the courts tell me I can't." [after being questioned about spending over $50,000 in city funds to redecorate her office, without the city council's authorization]


11. Katie Couric: "What other Supreme Court decisions do you disagree with?"

Sarah Palin: "Well, let's see. There's -- of course -- in the great history of America rulings there have been rulings, there's never going to be absolute consensus by every American. And there are -- those issues, again, like Roe v Wade where I believe are best held on a state level and addressed there. So you know -- going through the history of American, there would be others but --"

Katie Couric:
"Can you think of any?"
Sarah Palin: "Well, I could think of -- of any again, that could be best dealt with on a more local level. Maybe I would take issue with."

12. "I like being here because it seems like here and in our last rally too -- other parts around this great Northwest -- here in New Hampshire you just get it."



13.
"I'm very, very pleased to be cleared of any legal wrongdoing ... any hint of any kind of unethical activity there. Very pleased to be cleared of any of that." [after an Alaska legislative report found that she had broken Alaska's ethics law and abused her power]


14. "What would your response be if I asked you to remove some books from the collection?"


15. "They are also building schools for the Afghan children so that there is hope and opportunity in our neighboring country of Afghanistan."



16. "I may not answer the questions that either the moderator or you want to hear, but I'm going to talk straight to the American people and let them know my track record also."

17. "I'll try to find you some and I'll bring them to you." [when asked to cite specific examples of how John McCain has pushed for more regulation in the Senate]

18. "They're in charge of the U.S. Senate so if they want to they can really get in there with the senators and make a lot of good policy changes..." [wrongly answering a question on what the vice president does]

19. Charlie Gibson: "What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?"

Sarah Palin: "They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska"


20. Charlie Gibson: "Do you agree with the Bush Doctrine?"

Sarah Palin: "In what respect, Charlie?"

Charlie Gibson: "Bush -- What do you interpret it to be?"
Sarah Palin: "His worldview?"

21. Katie Couric: "If a 15-year-old is raped by her father, do you believe it should be illegal for her to get an abortion, and why?"

Sarah Palin: "I am pro-life. And I'm unapologetic in my position that I am pro-life."


22. "There's a place in Hell reserved for women who don't support other women." [misquoting Madeline Albright]


23. Katie Couric: "Some people have credited the morning-after pill for decreasing the number of abortions. How do you feel about the morning-after pill?"

Sarah Palin: "Well, I am all for contraception. And I am all for preventative measures that are legal and save, and should be taken, but Katie, again, I am one to believe that life starts at the moment of conception. And I would like to see …"

Katie Couric: "And so you don't believe in the morning-after pill?"

Sarah Palin: "I would like to see fewer and fewer abortions in this world. And again, I haven't spoken with anyone who disagrees with my position on that."

Katie Couric: "I'm sorry, I just want to ask you again. Do you not support or do you condone or condemn the morning-after pill."

Sarah Palin: "...personally, I would not choose to participate in that kind of contraception."

24. "...as the governor of this state that produces nearly 20 percent of the U.S. domestic supply of energy." [actually, it's more like 3.5 percent]


25. "You know the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull? Lipstick."

No comments: